The much awaited Malaysia Cup match between Johor Darul Ta’zim (JDT) and Perak by Southern Tigers supporters was played at the Tan Sri Dato Haji Hassan Yunos Stadium, Larkin on August 10th 2016. The first goal was scored as early as the third minute by Oybek Kilichev of the visiting team, stunning Mario Gomez’s team before they responded with attack after attack, which eventually led to a penalty kick being awarded to the home side in the 15th minute. Safiq Rahim calmly converted from the spot and made it 1-1. Two minutes later a great effort started from a Safiq Rahim free-kick was almost scored by Juan Martin Lucero but it skimmed past the right-hand post guarded by Perak goalkeeper Muhammad Hafizul Hakim. Subsequent exciting action saw JDT dominate the first half with a few dangerous attempts from the Southern Tigers’ attacking force but no additional goal was scored.

Five minutes after the second half began, Karl Heinz Weigang’s boys had an opportunity to score from a free-kick just outside the penalty box but the wall formed by Farizal Marlias denied them. Azinee Taib then wasted a golden opportunity in the 55th minute when his strike flew over the bar despite having a lot of room to score a goal. Two minutes later, another chance fell to Azinee who missed after failing to connect with Azammuddin Akil’s cross. Mario Gomez then shook things up by bringing on Safee Sali and Amri Yahyah for Martin Lucero and Azinee Taib. The introduction of Amri Yahyah clearly changed the game’s tempo with JDT making numerous attacking attempts. Safee Sali almost got his name on the score sheet in the 85th minute but his header skimmed past the right-hand post. A goal-scoring chance arrived for Fazly Mazlan in the 89th minute but he was late in getting the ball past Muhammad Hafizul Hakim. The match ended 1-1 with no additional goal being scored.

Luaskan Kuasamu Johor.

Visit our gallery to check out some of the exciting pictures taken during the match.


[related_post themes="flat" id="83060"]